Scenario is an international scenography and rockwork contractor with locations in Florida, California and throughout Asia. We build amazing worlds for customers to explore with a focus on theme parks, attractions, museums, zoos/aquariums and location-based entertainment industries. Our team consists of talented engineers, 3D designers, project managers, controllers and planners, estimators, craftsmen, sculptors and artisans. You can find out more about Scenario at www.cockramscenario.com.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish structural design criteria for the project, based on applicable local codes and customer performance specifications.
- Review the customer’s creative intent with the fabrication and installation team to come up with a practical and cost-effective design without compromising the safety and stability of the structure.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to staff engineers in performing day-to-day engineering tasks
- Perform quality control of calculations and plan sheets.
- Work with the design team to generate design and fabrication drawings.
- Coordinate the interface of thematic elements with the structure of the installation to ensure that they are properly supported.
- Provide technical support to fabrication and installation teams.
- Uses and maintains schedule and document management to track and record project performance.
- Work closely with architects, contractors and other team members.
Qualifications/Experience/Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil/structural engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Structural Engineering of vertical structures.
- Florida professional engineering license preferred, but not required.
- Able to lead a team in the design of large and complex projects.
- Able to communicate effectively and quickly with other disciplines and the construction department.
- Able to communicate effectively with clients on all projects.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills.
- Experience with SAP2000 and Tekla TEDDS an asset.
- Strong and effective communicator, both verbal and written, who can interact cooperatively with different departments of the company, as well as with suppliers and contractors.
- Have good organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Represent the company at all times with high moral and ethical conduct
- Excellent understanding of building code and structural design requirements.
- Must be able to work in a 3D environment, able to translate analysis into 3D structural elements that will be used to integrate with other systems in a project.
Ability to demonstrate understanding and apply our company values.
- Security: Promoting safety in everything we do. Communicate safe practices to all of our employees. Be a safety leader
- Trust: Build trust through understanding and collaboration. Show respect to earn respect. Act transparently with integrity
- Responsibility: Keep your promises. Accept challenges and take steps to succeed. Empower others to contribute to success
- Collaboration: Communicate clearly, concisely and coherently. Build effective teams and empower team leaders. Be respectful and promote constructive contribution
- Leadership: Defend and promote the values of the company. Support all team members. Foster contribution to customer and business success
- Innovation: Pursue improvement through knowledge, collaboration and focus on customer goals. Activate alternative perspectives. Encourage agility and flexibility.
In performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an outdoor construction environment and in an office environment.
Scenario Cockram USA Inc provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or of genetics. Scenario Cockram USA participates in the US federal government’s E-Verify program to confirm employees’ employment authorization upon hiring.
Please send your email to: [email protected]
Back to task list…